Decided to try something new, so now I am making paper in the living room. So far it is going very well so hopefully me and Luciana will have a sketchbook full of homemade paper soon. I am surprised of how quick and easy it is to make and I think it is a very good idea for all the leftover paper – I love recycling!
If you want to try this yourself, you need a frame with netting of some kind, old pieces of paper, a blender, a tray, some netting, a sponge and water.
What you do:
- Fill the tray with some water and put the frame with netting inside.
- Shred the paper and blend it with some water (cover the paper pieces).
- Pour the pulp into the frame and spread it around.
- Move the frame to somewhere dry and place the netting on top of the paper pulp.
- Sponge the paper pulp trough the netting and pick it up to dry.
- You can dry it under paper towels by ironing it and place it under books to make it flat.
I am definitely going to make more paper – hopefully a sketchbook or two.